Queen Elizabeth National Park
Queen Elizabeth national park is Uganda’s most visited national park and touristic destination with a diverse ecosystems like sprawling savanna, shady forests, sparkling lakes and lush wetlands that provide the ideal habitats for classic big wildlife.
- This national park was originally named Kazinga National park in 1952 and the named Queen Elizabeth national park after the visit Queen Elizabeth II.
- The variety of habitats which support the wildlife with a number of mammal species counting to over 95 than other national parks. The park also has over 600 bird species from different parts of the park.
- When you visit the national park, you expect to see a number of wildlife like Hoppos, lions, elephants, and many others.
AREAS OF INTEREST
- Kasenyi plains are open glasslands in queen elizabeth national park’s primary game drive viewing area, with the herds of uganda kobs that attract a number of lions but the predator sightings can be guaranteed by signing up for a tour.
- The lions are mostly attracted to kasenyi plains by the Uganda kobs and this makes them to always allocate the place for prey.
- Ishasha region is most famous fro tree climbing lions. This is the south most sector and offers a classic game viewing under the vast valley skies.
- You will also see the other wild animals like buffaloes, leopards, hyenas fitted with radio collars among others.
- This forest extends from the kichwanba escarpment to the Kazinga channel. When you visit kyambura, you enjoy the giddy vie point.
- This forest has got a river that flow underground forest 100 meters below the kichwamba escarpment. The gorge is well known for resident Chimpanzees and some of them are habituated and can be tracked when you go in with an UWA guide.
- The boat cruise at kazinga channel gives you the most relaxing moments as you enjoy the wildlife safari in queen Elizabeth.
- The banks of the channel are crammed with the hippos and water birds, fish eagles, elephants as you may also set them in your binoculars at the ready and enjoy the incredible spectacle in wilderness.
- Other places of interest are
- Crater drive,
- Katwe salt lake,
- Maragambo forest,
THE HIGHLIGHT OF THE ACTIVITIES ARE:
- Game drive,
- Bird watching,
- Forest walk at Maramagambo forest,
- Boat cruise at Kazinga channel,
- Chimpanzee tracking (done in Kyambura gorge and Kalinzu)
Are you planning for the safari to queen elizabeth national park;
3 Days Chimpanzee tracking safari,
5 Days wildlife and chimpanzee tracking encounter in uganda,
3 Days ultimate gorilla tracking experience,
5 Days wildlife and Gorilla tracking in Uganda,
4 Days wildlife in queen elizabeth and lake mburo,
For Birding Safaris;
Do you want to receive a quick quotation for your next safari? Send us an email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Call us or watsap: +256 (0) 789210067 / 753547382 / 200955001