Welcome to Uganda Gorilla Safaris,
This is done from Bwindi gorilla national park and Mgahinga gorilla national park. Uganda holds over 51% of world’s gorilla population, and this has made uganda, one of most liked travel and safari destination.
How To Get A Gorilla Trekking Permit in Uganda
Within Uganda, Gorilla trekking is conducted in Bwindi National Park or in Mgahinga National Park. But because of the inconsistency of gorillas in Mgahinga, majority of the sold permits are for Bwindi NP. In Uganda, every gorilla permit goes for US $ 700. In the past years, April, May and November used to cost US $ 450.Please note that these offers no longer exist. On a single day, nearly 72 people travel into Bwindi to see gorillas and only 8 people are allowed per gorilla group. We strongly encourage you to BOOK your gorilla permit with a safari agent, the most prominent mistake is to book a gorilla family which is far away from your choice of accommodation! but when you book your gorilla tracking permit with an agent, you will be able to have everything organized and you will enjoy the gorilla safari. The routes to Bwindi and its various regions are often tricky; this is a remote area. If you would like to do the gorilla trek on your own so as to save costs, you might end up incurring more costs and delaying on the road as you may get lost. In Uganda, there are more than 600 professional tours and safari guides trained to make the safaris, guiding the visitors/tourists and these tour guides are equipped with a lot of knowledge about Uganda, safari destinations, touristic activities and they will always guide you about the best accommodations, the interesting activities, and they will always be able to drive you. For all the recommendations, they are much ready to help you.
Several travelers intending to trek gorillas have found this process tiring and they have opted to the quicker less tiring option of reserving their trekking permits through a local Uganda safari operator. These gorilla tour companies won’t charge you for purchasing a gorilla permit in case you are going to use their other tour services such as transfers however if you simply want only a permit from them then they will put an extra charge of up to US$100 per gorilla permit they book, since they need to make calls, pick the permit, deliver it to you and other administrative costs.
The process is more like the above, although the tour agencies normally speed up the reservation so you will be able to confirm your gorilla permit faster.
- You inform them of the dates for your tour to Uganda or even you can specify the date for trekking the gorillas
- They will inform you if your preferred dates are available for trekking and also temporarily book them.
- They will send you our bank details so that you can transfer the money for the gorilla permits or even pay by credit card.
- They will send you an acknowledgement email for the money transfer. Please remember to instruct your bank to deduct the bank charges for the transaction from your account. they don’t ask for any extra money for the gorilla permit if you are reserving the rest of your tour through them. Any additional costs will be for services like telephony and transport that will be incurred when acquiring the permit.
- You will send a copy of your passport availing the details which will be used to register for your permit. Normally they need just your full names, nationality and the passport number
- Your names will be registered and then we acquire the gorilla permit. On receiving the payment they will buy the gorilla permit but then having this permit doesn’t 100% guarantee you seeing the gorillas although chances of seeing them are about 98%
Where else Can you See Gorillas in Africa? Gorilla Safaris
You can see gorillas in Uganda, Rwanda and Congo. However, note that gorillas are mainly divided into the mountain and the lowland with a couple of other sub-species in that.
In Uganda, when you visit Mgahinga Gorilla National Park, you could also buy golden monkey tracking permits, as its believed that its only in Uganda where you can find the golden monkies. Come to Mgahinga Gorilla National park, “Where Silver Meets Gold” Welcome to Uganda gorilla safaris
This trip offers you an opportunity to experience and explore one of Uganda’s most loved and visited touristic places, where you will encounter the biodiversity, of Uganda, culture, and...Read More
Welcome to Uganda safari that is going to take you through the Uganda’s ultimate wildlife,...Read More
Welcome to Kidepo valley national park, located in north Eastern part of Uganda, This safari will take you to Uganda’s most isolated national park, but a True African Wilderness...Read More